What you need to know about CoolSculpting treatment Mountain View, CA
- Posted on: Jul 5 2018
Some zones of fat don’t respond well to diet and exercise. Hereditary deposits stubbornly resist even a healthy lifestyle and focused workouts. CoolSculpting can be a terrific spot reduction solution for men and women in the Mountain View, CA area. The team at The Menkes Clinic & Surgery Center believe you deserve access to full information to determine if a treatment is right for your needs. Dr. Andrew Menkes, Dr. Lillian Soohoo, and Dr. Krystal Wang share this insight into CoolSculpting.
The science behind fat freezing
The effectiveness of CoolSculpting is based on the scientific principle of cryolipolysis. Skin is comprised primarily of water, which freezes at 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Fatty tissue is made of lipids which freeze at 39 to 41 degrees. That seemingly small difference is significant to treatment. In a carefully-controlled process, the CoolSculpting device chills a targeted area of flesh to a temperature that safely crystallizes fat cells without harming skin, nerves, blood vessels, muscles, and other nearby organs.
Freezing causes apoptosis or cell death. As fat cells die, the lymphatic system flushes them from the body along with other toxins and waste.
The effectiveness of CoolSculpting
Because the approach is so innovative – a complete departure from mechanical fat removal with liposuction, or energy therapies that create heat to melt fat – CoolSculpting has been extensively researched and tested, with results thoroughly documented.
Since CoolSculpting’s introduction in 2010, more than 4 million treatment cycles have been performed. The success rate is 90 percent, with an average fat reduction of 20 percent in treated areas. The patient satisfaction rate of 73 percent is higher than for other non-invasive fat reduction technologies.
Patients love the long-term benefits of CoolSculpting. After reaching puberty, stem cells “turn off” the body’s capability to produce new fat cells. Existing fat cells simply expand when you gain weight and contract when you lose pounds. So, the quantity of fat cells you have at about age 18 is the number you will have throughout life . . . unless some are eliminated with a technique like CoolSculpting. Once fat cells are eliminated through CoolSculpting, they do not reproduce – the fat is gone for good.
Areas that can be treated
One of the most favorable aspects of CoolSculpting is the versatility of this technique. Our trained and experienced clinicians can effectively address unwanted fat nearly anywhere on the body. CoolSculpting is ideal for:
- Double chin.
- Bra fat – front and back.
- Upper arms.
- Flanks (“love handles”).
- Back fat.
- Thighs – inner and outer.
Early CoolSculpting devices used suction to pull tissues into the machine for cooling. Today, the doctors at The Menkes Clinic & Surgery Center use a variety of CoolSculpting applicators to treat large and small areas; even spots where suction cannot be achieved. With multiple applicators, more than one area can be treated simultaneously, saving appointment time and travel.
Fast facts about CoolSculpting treatment in Mountain View, CA
- Non-invasive – Skin is not pierced, so there are no incisions, sutures, or scars.
- Painless – Anesthetic is not required. You feel a momentary sensation of intense cold, and depending on the applicator, possibly some vacuum pressure. Otherwise, simply rest and relax during treatment. Adjustments are made throughout the appointment to ensure your comfort while still attaining impressive results.
- Brief session time – Usually an hour or less, depending on the area(s) treated.
- Comfortable – Treated areas are gently massaged after CoolSculpting to reduce risk of swelling and speed resorption of fat.
- No downtime – Return to work or play right after your visit.
- One treatment – Many patients get the results they want with a single treatment. However, if you want additional fat reduction, it is completely safe to re-treat a problem area.
- Noticeable results – Reduction of 20 to 25 percent occurs in about three weeks, as fat cells are naturally eliminated.
Are you an ideal candidate for CoolSculpting? If you can pinch an inch of stubborn fat, you probably are! Since treatment is drug-free, there is no risk of interaction, and it is safe for diabetic patients. Be assured that your doctor at The Menkes Clinic & Surgery Center will take plenty of time to review your medical history and understand your fat reduction goals before recommending a course of treatment.
Call our Mountain View, CA office at (650) 962-4600 to learn more about CoolSculpting treatment.
Tagged with: CoolSculpting and CoolMini®
Posted in: Uncategorized