How it works
Cellfina is a minimally-invasive technique cleared by the FDA for improvement in the appearance of cellulite. The Cellfina system addresses the source of the problem – a meshwork of connective bands called “septae” in the architecture of skin. These bands press down on subcutaneous fat causing skin to dimple or pucker. Treatment releases these fibrous strands, allowing surface skin to resume a smoother appearance.
What to expect
A typical treatment session takes 45 minutes to an hour and addresses anywhere from 20 to 30 larger puckers. Dimples are marked, then the area is numbed with local anesthetic to ensure your comfort. A suction device stabilizes skin tension, while the doctor severs strands of fibrous tissue with a needle-sized device.
There is minimal downtime associated with Cellfina, but some patients experience mild bruising, soreness, or swelling in the treatment area or red dots at injection sites. These side effects are minor and resolve quickly. A non-aspirin analgesic can be taken to manage any residual discomfort. A compression garment (Spanx) will need to be worn for at least a week post procedure for optimal results.
You see significant improvement right away. Once the fibrous bands are cut, they do not appear to heal or grow back, so results last at least two years.
- Brief treatment time – an hour or less.
- Little or no downtime.
- Well tolerated.
- Minimal side effects.
- Non-surgical and minimally-invasive.
- No scarring – the needle-like device is tiny.
- Effective. You’ll see immediate improvement.
- Long-lasting results (two years or more).
To learn more about Cellfina, call our Mountain View clinic at (650) 285-4661.
View the Cellfina Yearlong Assurance Guarantee
1. You must give The Menkes Clinic your written consent to share your protected health information regarding your Cellfina treatment with Merz.
2. You must register your procedure online at www.cellfinaguarantee.com within thirty (30) days of the date of the original procedure. Such registration will require the following from you: name, date of birth, contact information, date of original procedure, name of physician/practice where original procedure was performed, and Cellfina kit lot number.
3. The Menkes Clinic will submit a claim request to Merz prior to performing the second treatment with within one (1) year following your initial procedure. Upon receipt of the request, Merz will review its records in order to confirm that the eligibility prerequisites are met, and it will respond to within sixty (60) days of receipt of request in order to accept the request, reject the request (in which case Merz shall provide the reason(s) for such rejection), or obtain further information.