Our Statement on the Coronavirus (COVID19)
- Posted on: Mar 25 2020
We have been closely monitoring the latest news, guidance, and regulations surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. To date, California’s shelter-in-place efforts have helped slow the spread of the virus. We have supported these efforts through thousands of telehealth visits and by adopting social distancing and other CDC measures for those that needed in-person care.
Open for In-Person Medical Dermatology
Starting May 4th, the seven Bay Area counties eased the shelter-in-place restrictions for healthcare operations. This means we can now see you in-person at our clinic for all medical dermatology. You can book an appointment online or by calling us at (650) 962-4600. Telehealth appointments will continue to be offered, if this is your preference and an in-person visit is not required.
Keeping patients healthy and safe in our clinics is our top priority. We are continuing the following enhanced practices:
- CDC Guidelines: We make every effort to meet or exceed all CDC standards for cleaning and minimizing exposure risk. The waiting room and front desk is frequently sanitized and exam rooms are cleaned after each visit. Employees regularly wash and sanitize their hands.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): The providers and staff all wear masks and use other PPE as needed. Patients also wear masks and are given a mask if they do not have one.
- Social Distancing: Waiting room seating has been reduced and the seating rearranged for social distancing. Appointments are staggered. If possible, we ask that only the patient being treated enter the clinic to limit unnecessary interaction. Patients are being escorted directly to exam rooms whenever possible to minimize time together in a waiting room.
- Patient and Employee Screening: We screen patients and employees for symptoms (inclusive of temperature checks) daily and those with symptoms are asked to reschedule and return home.
- Online Portal: In advance of an appointment, patients can complete much of the registration online (complete Financial Policy, sign HIPPA acknowledgement, input insurance coverage and pay their co-pay) to minimize front desk interaction.
- Senior Hours: We have set aside time in the schedule during which only senior citizens may book in-clinic appointments. There are fewer people in the clinic and extra assistance is available. Senior hours are every Monday and Thursday from 11AM – 12PM.
We look forward to seeing you in-person soon!
—The Providers and Staff of The Menkes Clinic (A Golden State Dermatology Affiliate)
Posted in: News