Our skin, composed in layers of millions of cells, is a living organ. Every day, thousands of skin cells are shed from the surface and are replaced with healthy, new cells. As we age, the skin renewal process slows down and becomes less precise, causing the accumulation of dead skin cells on the surface where they are not efficiently shed. This inefficiency results in a lifeless, dull complexion. The purpose of a chemical peel is to facilitate the controlled shedding of damaged cells in the various layers of skin in an even, precise manner for optimum results.
How Does Chemical Peels work?
In the chemical peel process, a fresh new layer of skin with a smoother texture and even color is exposed. In addition, new cell growth is stimulated by the peel, thereby giving the skin a fresh glow and a more youthful appearance. Our aesthetician uses a variety of effective, safe, and naturally-derived peeling substances to treat the skin, depending on the needs of each patient. We offer a variety of effective chemical peels, each of which improves the skin texture, color, and helps to diminish acne pimples.
I took my grandaughter to see Dr Soohoo today. The front office staff was great as was the MA. Everyone was patient and helpful. Dr Soohoo was not only intelligent and knowledgable, but made you feel like you were her most special and interesting patient. She was wonderful. I almost wish I had a skin problem so I could be her patient too! I also want to comment that I saw several staff interact with other patients, including two elderly people and they were excellent. Not at all condescending, but were helpful and supportive. Overall, this is one of the nicest offices I have been to.Erica Lee
what is expected from chemical peels?
Chemical peels can be applied to the face, hands, chest, and back. Peels can be done alone of purchased in a series of 4-6 treatments performed every 2-6 weeks. Combining peels with therapeutic facials is also beneficial for many patients. Depending upon your individual skin type and specific skin problems, our aesthetician will design a customized program just for you.
- Vivite peel – for photodamage, aging skin
- Glycolic and Lactic gel peel – for photodamage, rough texture, dry and aging skin
- Salicylic and Mandelic peel – for photodamage, hyperpigmentation, and acne-prone skin
- Micropeel Sensitive Skin Solution – for photodamage and sensitive skin
- Micropeel Plus Solution (salicylic and glycolic) – for acne-prone skin blotchiness and uneven skin tone and texture
- Micropeel Solution (glycolic) – for photodamage and aging skin
- Pigment Balancing Masque – for hypermigmentation associated with melisma, photodamage, age spots & acne related discolorations
- Alpha/Beta Facial Treatment – Combines alpha and beta hydroxyl acids for deep exfoliation. This treatment includes steam, extractions and a Vitamin C Masque to restore a healthy glow to sallow skin.
What are the benefits of A Chemical peel?
- Safe, non-invasive treatment
- Minimal downtime
- Improves a variety of problems, including skin texture, dull complexion, and acne
- Individualized treatment for each patient’s needs