We believe in-person treatment is the highest quality care; however, we are offering telehealth appointments in this current environment. Providers and patients alike are concerned about the spread of COVID-19, so we are happy to provide this option to protect everyone’s health.
Prior to your telehealth visit, a staff member will call to assist you with your visit. Using live video, your provider will be able to see in real time the concerns you have with your skin. Your provider will address your issues and assess whether or not it’s essential for you to visit the clinic in-person. If it is not essential, your provider can send any medication you might need to your pharmacy electronically. To make a telehealth appointment, please call (650) 962-4600 or click on Book an Appointment.
Telehealth services coverage varies by insurer, but most provide some level of coverage. Many insurers have expanded coverage during the COVID-19 Pandemic. When you book your appointment, any relevant copay will be collected. If you have questions about your coverage, please feel free to ask when scheduling your appointment or check with your insurance carrier.
To Make a Telehealth Appointment, Please Request an Appointment Here or Call Your Local Clinic
Telemedicine involves the use of electronic communications to enable health care providers at different locations to share individual patient medical information for the purpose of improving patient care. The information may be used for diagnosis, therapy, follow‐up and/or education, and may include any of the following:
- Patient medical records
- Medical images
- Live two‐way audio and video
- Output data from medical devices and sound and video files
Electronic systems used will incorporate network and software security protocols to protect the confidentiality of patient identification and imaging data and will include measures to safeguard the data and to ensure its integrity against intentional or unintentional corruption. Note: These protocols may be relaxed during the Covid-19/Coronavirus Pandemic in support of community shelter-in-place and other orders to minimize physical interactions
- Improved access to medical care by enabling a patient to remain in his/her home or office (or at a remote site) while the physician obtains test results and consults from healthcare practitioners at distant/other sites.
- More efficient medical evaluation and management.
As with any medical procedure, there are potential risks associated with the use of telemedicine. These risks include, but may not be limited to:
- In rare cases, information transmitted may not be sufficient (e.g. poor resolution of images) to allow for appropriate medical decision making by the physician and consultant(s);
- Delays in medical evaluation and treatment could occur due to deficiencies or failures of the equipment;
- In very rare instances, security protocols could fail, causing a breach of privacy of personal medical information;
- In rare cases, a lack of access to complete medical records may result in adverse drug interactions or allergic reaction or other judgment error
I UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING AND GIVE MY VERBAL CONSENT:
1) I understand that the laws that protect privacy and the confidentiality of medical information also apply to telemedicine, and that no information obtained in the use of telemedicine which identifies me will be disclosed to researchers or other entities without my consent,
2) I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of telemedicine in the course of my care at any time, without affecting my right to future care or treatment,
3) I understand that I have the right to inspect all information obtained and recorded in the course of telemedicine interaction, and may receive copies of this information for a reasonable fee,
4) I understand that a variety of alternative methods of medical care may be available to me, and that I may choose one or more of these at any time. Golden State has explained the alternatives to my satisfaction,
5) I understand that telemedicine may involve electronic communication of my personal medical information to other medical practitioners who may be located in other areas, including out of state.
6) I understand that it is my duty to inform Golden State Dermatology of electronic interactions regarding my care that I may have with other healthcare providers.
7) I understand that I may expect the anticipated benefits from the use of telemedicine in my care, but that no results can be guaranteed or assured.
8) I attest that I am located in the state of California and will be present in the state of California during all telehealth encounters with a Golden State Dermatology provider.
9) I understand that a copay will be collected at the time of booking.
I have read and understand the information provided above regarding telemedicine, have discussed it with my provider or such assistants as may be designated, and all of my questions have been answered to my satisfaction. I hereby give my informed consent for the use of telemedicine in my medical care. I hereby authorize my provider to use telemedicine in the course of my diagnosis and treatment.