The Menkes Clinic & Surgery Center
"Thanks to Dr. Menkes, my eyelift surgery not only improved my vision, but also improved my personal appearance. I'm very pleased."
Lower eyelid “bags” are the most common reason why patient seek eyelid treatment at The Menkes Clinic & Surgery Center. We can correct droopy elides safely and effectively through the use of surgical techniques as well as non-surgical techniques that have excellent cosmetic results. As we age, our eyelids often stretch and the supporting muscles weaken. Excess fat may collect in the skin above and below the eyelids, causing sagging of the eyebrows, drooping of the upper lids and bagginess beneath the eyes. Blepharoplasty, or eyelid surgery, is an effective procedure that can be performed to repair droopy eyelids by removing excess skin, muscle, and fat.
How it works
Blepharoplasty is performed by Dr. Menkes with the assistance of our highly-trained medical staff in our Medicare and AAAHC certified Outpatient Surgery Suite. The Menkes Clinic & Surgery Center is different in that we local anesthesia, which allows the patient to remain completely comfortable and relaxed. Also, it allows the body to begin to heal the moment the surgery is complete. Furthermore, it is much safer and lessens bruising and swelling.
What to expect
Prior to the procedure, which typically lasts around 1 hour, our patients are sedated using a combination of intramuscular injections and local numbing. Afterwards, patients can experience bruising, swelling, eye irritation, or dryness. There are no bandages, but topical antibiotic ointment will need to be applied on the upper eyelids. To minimize swelling, we recommend sleeping with the head elevated and ice for 5-10 minutes per hour for the first 3 days. Patients report minimal discomfort, but sometimes eyesight is strained or blurry for a few days. We recommend 10-14 days away from social activities, work, and exercise. This will vary person-to-person depending upon their recovery and need for privacy at this time. Final result may take up to 3 months, but once swelling and bruising subside, patients typically begin to see improvement after 1-2 weeks.
Eyelid rejuvenation benefits
- Performed by Dr. Andrew Menkes in our state-of-the-art surgical suite
- Local anesthesia only
- Procedure typically takes 1-2 hours
- May be combined with other procedures if desired (such as laser resurfacing, facelift, liposuction, etc.)
- Improved vision for those patients whose excess eyelid skin caused impaired vision
- Benefits of surgery typically last many years, and potentially a lifetime, depending on the age of the patient and the amount of tissue removed
- Minimal discomfort during and after surgery
- Decreased bruising and swelling
- Short downtime (less than a week)
- Excellent cosmetic results
- Eyelid Rejuvenation Treatment Mountain View - Mountain View dermatologist provides eyelid rejuvenation treatment