Our skin, composed in layers of millions of cells, is a living organ. Everyday, thousands of skin cells are shed from the surface and are replaced with healthy, new cells. As we age, this skin renewal process slows down and becomes less precise, causing the accumulation of dead skin cells on the surface, where they are not efficiently shed. This inefficiency results in a lifeless, dull complexion.
The purpose of a chemical peel is to facilitate the controlled shedding of damaged cells in the various layers of skin in an even, precise manner for optimum results. In the chemical peel process, a new fresh layer of skin with a renewed smoother texture and even color is exposed. In addition, new cell growth is stimulated by the peel, thereby giving the skin a fresh glow and more youthful appearance.
Our aesthetician uses a variety of effective, safe and naturally-derived peeling substances to treat the skin, depending on the needs of each patient.
Indications for Chemical Peels:
- Dull, aging skin
- Sun damage (including precancerous lesions)
- Fine wrinkles
- Blotchiness from hyperpigmentation (including the "mask of pregnancy")
- Shallow acne scars
We offer many effective chemical peels at The Menkes Clinic and Surgery Center. Each of the following chemical peels improves skin texture, color and helps to diminish acne pimples. They can be applied to the face, hands, chest and back. Peels can be done alone or purchased in a series of 4 to 6 treatments performed every two to six weeks. Combining peels with therapeutic facials is also beneficial for many patients.
Depending on your individual skin type and specific skin problems, our aesthetician will design a customized program just for you.
- Vivite Peel - for photodamage, aging skin
- Glycolic and Lactic gel peel - for photodamage, rough texture, dry and aging skin
- Salicylic and Mandelic peel - for photodamage, hyperpigmentation, acne-prone skin
- Micropeel Sensitive Skin Solution - for photodamage and sensitive skin
- Micropeel Plus Solution (salicylic and glycolic) - for acne-prone skin blotchiness and uneven skin tone and texture
- Micropeel Solution (glycolic) - for photodamage and aging skin
- Pigment Balancing Masque - for hyperpigmentation associated with melasma, photodamage, age spots & acne related discolorations
- Alpha/Beta Facial Treatment - Combines alpha- and beta-hydroxy acids for deep exfoliation. This treatment includes steam, extractions and a Vitamin C Masque to restore a healthy glow to sallow skin